We inspected in January and February 2017, looking at the quality of practice, decision making and multi-agency work in the authority’s safeguarding, access and assessment arrangements.
Inspectors evaluated what the local authority knew about its own performance and the difference it was making for the people it was seeking to help, care and support and/or protect.
The authority is now required to produce an improvement plan in response to the report.
- Develop a range of user-friendly information signposting to preventative services
- Continuously monitor caseloads and quality assurance reports
- Improve the quality and consistency of assessments and plans
- Increase the voices of children and families in shaping service planning
- Continue to focus on staff retention and promoting the timely recruitment of experienced staff